This position is located in Lehigh/Berks counties, as the Project Manager will primarily be supporting Lehigh and Berks counties with other surrounding counties supported as needed. Only candidates who reside in these counties or in close proximity to these counties will be considered for this role.
The Quality Improvement Project Manager will be responsible for collaborating with multiple interdisciplinary teams within the UPMC Health Plan with an overall goal of working with network providers to improve quality, HEDIS, and CMS Star rates. Interested candidates should be willing to travel frequently to provider offices and should be comfortable presenting quality information to provider office quality leads, physicians, clinical staff, and/or office managers. As a quality representative for the Health Plan, candidates should have the ability to maintain flexible hours to accommodate for provider schedules.
Familiarity with HEDIS and CMS Stars measures, as well as outpatient office experience would be beneficial in this role as the Project Manager will work directly with provider groups to analyze quality incentive program scores, identify areas of opportunity, and work directly with outpatient provider offices to strategize processes for enhanced performance.
This role requires excellent project management, organization, and prioritization skills. The Project Manager will be expected to collaborate with co-workers to create presentations and should be familiar with how to use the PowerPoint application. Interested applicants should be comfortable working with minimal direction and must be able to define project objectives and measures to be tracked and reported on. Assistance in providing project summaries and updates to senior management may also be required.
* Assist team members in resolving project problems, escalates issues when necessary, and facilities decision-making.
* Assist with achieving Operations division strategic goals as well as system strategic goals.
* Assure quality of information through business case and application level testing; validate test results to initial business needs.
* Develop and implement key metrics to measure and report on progress of initiatives.
* Develop and maintain detailed project plans, this includes utilizing standard project documentation and methodology and project tracking and reporting procedures.
* Develop cross-functional, change management and implementation strategies; ensure that all of the participating parties have committed to effective implementation of the processes and procedures.
* Identify trends and process improvement opportunities across departments within operations.
* Monitor operating performance against regional and national benchmarks.
* Perform cost/benefit analysis
* Provide concise and timely status reporting as required
* Work with other managers to achieve efficiencies across integration of projects.
* Bachelors degree in business, mathematics, statistics, health care, management, or related business field required.
* Minimum of four years of related work experience.
* Masters degree preferred (Four+ years experience will be considered).
* Experience in health care insurance or health care industry preferred.
* Excellent computer skills required, including Access, Excel, Microsoft Project, and other pertinent computer software packages.
* Strong management, problem solving, organizational, and communication skills (oral and written) are required.
* Excellent Project Management skills along with effective planning and organizational skills.
* Ability to perform planning for large initiatives/projects, managing all tasks required to providing services to meet client and business needs within budget and targeted deadlines.
* HEDIS experience preferred.
* Outpatient experience preferred.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task