We' re seeking an experienced Manufacturing General Manager for our client, the nation' s largest manufacturer of steel wire reinforcing products for concrete construction applications, at their plant facility in Hazle Township, PA! This is an excellent permanent/direct hire opportunity offering a competitive salary and benefits package, including Health/Dental/Vision plans, 401k, incentive programs, and paid holidays and vacations. The Manufacturing General Manager (GM) will direct and coordinate activities of subordinate supervisors to ensure production, quality, safety, and continuous improvement objectives are met. The ideal candidate will have previous GM experience in a manufacturing environment, possess outstanding judgment and initiative, and be comfortable managing multiple supervisors. If you feel your skill set aligns with the responsibilities listed below and you' re pursuing new career opportunities, we' d love to speak with you!
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization s policies and applicable laws
- Manage all aspects of plant manufacturing from raw materials to finished product
- Ensure safety, quality and productivity are attained utilizing continuous improvement and empowerment processes
- Manage financial objectives by accurately compiling manufacturing and maintenance budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing spending variances and controlling cost, and initiate corrective actions when indicated
- Maintain a close partnership with the product manager or national sales manager to ensure production and sales objectives are compatible and directed toward Business Unit Plan/Forecast and maximizing Business Unit Profitability
- Oversee engineering, maintenance, capital expenditures, product development, and continuous improvement processes at the plant
- Evaluate present equipment and processes for improvement opportunities and investigate new equipment and new processes for higher quality, increased performance and lower operating cost
- In all decisions and evaluations, Zero Harm attributes and processes are used
- Manage 4-5 supervisors who supervise a total of 35-45 employees in the facility
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Previous experience as a General Manager in a manufacturing facility
- At least 7-years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination or education and work-related experience
- Extensive professional, technical or administrative training (Bachelor' s Degree)
- Broad knowledge of a general technical field such as Business Administration, Industrial Management, or Industrial Engineering
- Working knowledge of computers and software including Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, and Access
- Ability to work on highly technical or involved projects, presenting new and constantly changing problems
- Outstanding judgment, initiative and ability to deal with complex factors not easily evaluated, and to make decisions based on conclusions for which there is little precedent
- Occasionally required to use vehicles/heavy equipment such as a forklift and overhead crane, production machinery, testing devices, and measuring devices
Please submit your resume online to be considered for this position. For additional information, please call our office at 336.###.####.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted for further information.