* Contribute to the business strategy by helping identify, prioritize and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes. * Support line management in forecasting and planning the talent pipeline requirements in line with the function/business strategy. * Implement appropriate learning interventions while accounting for learning principles and theories and manage ongoing delivery through the help of HR Centers of Expertise (COE). * Consult with line management and provide daily HR guidance.
* Ensure leadership and coaching culture is cascaded through the organization. * Provide clear leadership by demonstrating understanding of business trends and needs.
* Drive the people processes (performance, development and career) to ensure that the co-worker's level of performance and capabilities meet current and future standards through the managers in the business line. * Develop and promote feedback mechanisms for co-workers to influence the continuous improvement of HR services and processes. * Work closely with management and co-workers to improve safety, engagement, relationships, morale, productivity and retention. * Provide HR policy guidance. Formulate and recommend personnel policy and objectives for the Company. * Insures that sound employee relation practices are being employed, potential problems are resolved and direction is given.
* Provide expert advice and coaching to managers within the business line where appropriate. * Maintain close relationships with COE and HR Operations partners to continuously improve. * While partnering with the HR Operations, provides design strategy of reports that are necessary to carry out functions for the department. Prepares periodic reports to top management as necessary or requested. * Represent the Company on various community and professional committees as well as conducting public relations at schools, service organizations, etc. * Provides business input and strategy to the HR org and talent COE in organizational development and planning activities including performance management. * Provides business input and strategy to the HR Total Rewards COE to job evaluations and incentive programs including exempt, non-exempt and hourly compensation programs. * Partner with the business unit to add value, reduce costs, and collaborate on actions which will help achieve the established operating plan.
* Analyze trends and metrics with the HR department. * Monitor and report on workforce and succession planning. * Evaluate training programs and identify training needs for teams and individuals. * Suggest new HR strategies.
* A Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field required. * A minimum of 10 years of experience working as a HR manager /business partner. * Must have a level of proficiency with Internet, Email, and Microsoft programs. * PHR, SPHR Certification preferred.
Important Areas of Expertise:
* Strategic problem-solving aptitude * Ability to work independently AND as part of a team * Excellent verbal and written communication skills * Flexibility in a fast paced, evolving work environment
Working for The High Companies:
The High Companies is a Lancaster based family owned business since 1931.
* Tuition Assistance with 100 percent reimbursement for approved courses and degree programs which are job related and approved in advance by your supervisor * Employee Assistance Program provides professional, confidential assistance for any type of personal issue you or your eligible dependents are experiencing * High Family Foundation Scholarship is awarded annually to the children of High co-workers working at least 1,000 hours per year and employed for at least two years. Recipients are awarded $4,000 for each year they are enrolled in a two- or four-year accredited degree program * Good Measure Award is presented periodically to an individual or team from each of the High companies who exemplifies The High Philosophy and who has gone above and beyond normal job responsibilities to provide \"Good Measure\" * Excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision available for full-time coworkers. Vacation is offered to regular full-time coworkers and is earned annually on your anniversary date. You may carry over a portion of your hours into the next anniversary year * 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match
* This position reports to the Director of Human Resources * When visiting the plant or construction sites, you may need to wear PPE's or dress appropriately to protect you from exposure to chemicals, noise, dust, and temperature changes * You may be asked to participate in a case study or take an assessment * Applications via email will not be reviewed. Please apply online via the careers website
Associated topics: advisor, business partner, consultant, generalist, hrbp, human resources associate, officer, operations partner, professional, representative
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.