ShopRite - Non-Foods Clerk
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities - Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while pricing, stocking, and rotating of merchandise in the Non-Foods Department, to communicate with and courteously assist customers with the selection and purchase of Non-Foods items; to maintain a neat, clean, and visually appealing department and to perform other tasks as required in an efficient and safe manner, within Company policy.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
* Ability to perform mathematical functions.
* Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
* Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull, climb and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
* Ability to work in varying temperatures.
* Ability to work with fresh, dried, and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
* Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
* Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
* Ability to work cooperatively with others.
* Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt and courteous service or assistance.
* Follow approved procedures for receiving product, price marking, storing and restocking, to ensure quality accuracy, and product rotation and protection.
* Assist in ordering and maintaining inventory levels and keep manager informed of low inventory conditions.
* Handle damaged products according to Company policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
* Maintain a clean, neat, organized, and safe environment.
* Maintain Department sanitation and QA standards, including sweeping, mopping, removing cardboard as needed.
* Operate baler and compactor.
* Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils, and equipment in accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
* Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal regulations pertaining to the Non-Foods operation.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies, safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
* Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25 lbs. and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
* Unload trucks and transport merchandise to Non-Foods Department that weights 25 lbs., and that occasionally weights 50 lbs.
* Stand in designated work area for duration of scheduled shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
* Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in the store.
* Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to Customers.
* Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to departmental operations.
* Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform, name badge, and hat or hair restraint requirements.
* Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
* Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
* Perform duties in accordance with in the Company's HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacturer's label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
* Assist Customers in retrieving items from inaccessible areas or in obtaining products that are either located in warehouses or that they may have difficulty in handling.
* Be knowledgeable in and able to differentiate between all of the various types of merchandise.
* Keep store shelves and other displays fully stocked, signed, and faced at all times according to tag allocation and department standards.
* Complete all applicable department training programs.
* Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency).
* Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
* Work overtime as assigned.
* Work cooperatively with others.
* Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power jacks, and slicing machines.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential job functions and general nature of the work being performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require Associates to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This job description is not a guarantee of employment.
Associated topics: cleanliness, kitchen utility, lavavajillas, plates, service assistant, steward, stewarding, utensils, wash, washer