We are currently seeking a part-time LPN/LVN Dispensing Nurse for our Habit OPCO-Pottstown CTC facility. Hours are varied 32 - 35 hours per week; Monday - Friday 5:30 AM - 1:30 PM and Saturday 5:30 AM - 10:30 AM.
Habit OPCO-Pottstown CTC, a member of Acadia Healthcare's Comprehensive Treatment Centers, is a part of the leader in medication assisted treatment for individuals struggling with an opioid addiction. With full-circle care that includes a blend of therapies and the use of safe and effective medications, we are prepared to treat the entire problem, not just a piece of it.
The Dispensing Nurse (LPN/LVN) provides basic medical care to patients in an outpatient addiction recovery environment; maintains standards of professional nursing practice in accordance with clinic policy and procedures; provides for the safe and efficient dispensing of doses of medication to patients consistent with the organization's procedure and as ordered by the Medical Director or Physician; responsible for thorough, accurate reporting and documentation of the patient's symptoms, responses and progress.
- Works under the supervision of the Nurse Manager, Medical Director and the Clinic Director and maintains practical nursing professional standards of care;
- Prepares and administers medication as ordered by the Medical Director or Program Physician accurately and in a timely manner, maintains accurate accounting of all medication received (from supplier) and dispensed (to the patients);
- Charts medication administration in nurse's notes accurately and in a timely manner, documents nursing care provided, maintain appropriate records related to patient's progress and activities accurately and in a timely manner;
- Responsible for the safekeeping of all medication stock and the records required by the DEA, FDA, and ADP;
- Dedicates a minimum of 90 percent of regularly scheduled work hours to activities directly related to the administration of medication; the remaining 10 percent of regularly scheduled work hours will be dedicated to other activities as assigned by the Medical Director or Clinic Director;
- Responsible for urine collection and processing, reading test results as ordered by Program Physicians and the completion of all forms involved in these procedures; and,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Prefer 1 year nursing experience in behavioral health or addiction recovery field
- Training or experience treating patients in an outpatient treatment program
- There must be no history of alcohol or other drug misuse for a period of three years before employment
- Current LPN/LVN license in the state of Pennsylvania
We offer a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Company paid group term life insurance.
Associated topics: hemodialysis, lead, licensed practical nurse, licensed vocational, licensed vocational nurse, lvn lpn, nurse iii, nurses, vocational, vocational nurse