Miller Brother Staffing Solutions is seeking Maintenance Technicians for multiplelocations surrounding the Pittsburgh area.
Position: Maintenance Technician
Location:Mt. Washington, Washington, Lawrenceville, Mckeesport, North Aiken
Shift: Monday - Friday 7:30 - 4:00
On call shifts rotating
Pay rate: $14-17
Ability to perform a variety of duties related to building maintenance, including plumbing, electrical, mechanical repair, janitorial, and grounds keeping ensuring the comfort of residents, visitors, and employees.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Observes mechanical/electrical devices such as pumps, engines, or motors in operation.
- Demonstrates the ability to locate sources of malfunction to ensure that operation of equipment is stable.
- Analyzes and determines feasibility of repairs on physical plant equipment.
- Identifies and repairs plumbing problems.
- Must troubleshoot and repair all leaks, repair/replace hot water tanks, toilets and faucets, etc.
- Disassembles various equipment, repairs, adjust and reassembles the equipment, which includes heating/cooling units, call systems, lighting fixtures, appliances, etc.
- Documents all repairs and follows all regulatory demands during repairs to ensure reliable and safe operation..
- Possesses knowledge of routine carpentry in order to plan and install interior GWB walls and doors. Carpentry skills must encompass the ability for example to repair furniture, replace ceiling tiles, replace/repair doors, hardware, windows and cabinets.
- Tests and determines problems associated with 110/240 volt single phase electrical systems by changing switches and receptacles. Repairs light fixtures within in NES guidelines to provide a sage environment for the community.
- Diagnoses and performs minor and routine maintenance repair for roofing, siding, gutters and fasteners.
- Responds to emergency or non-emergency calls, throughout the housing network, as set forth by present policy. Must be on call 24 hours per day during rotation period.
- Responsible for cleaning all common areas and apartment turnovers on a timely basis.
- Maintains grounds, including grass cutting, planting, snow removal, etc. to ensure safety and good general appearance to the public.
- Provides heavy duty facility upkeep including stripping, waxing, and polishing floors, carpet cleaning, window washing, painting, and general repairs.
- Obtains bids for HUD guidelines; meet with contractors/subcontractors and vendors to review competitive bids. Supervises work for quality control.
- Prepares building for REAC Inspections according to HUD specifications and follow throughwith documentation. Conducts all repairs as the result of REAC Inspections.
- Coordinates monthly/quarterly/annual inspections for equipment services such as elevators, backflow, sprinkler, etc. with contractors.
- Maintains inventory control, maintain logs, develop and adhere to a preventative maintenance schedule.
- Conducts all inspections necessary for building codes, safety, OSHA requirements including but not limited to monthly check for fire system, emergency pull cords, fire extinguishers ,generators, and annual inspections of units and backflow presenters.
- Conducts Maintenance Orientation Checklist for all new residents.
- Inspects (walks) the property on a regular basis and coordinate improvements/repairs with the Community Manager with fiscal parameters.
- Inspects (walks) move-ins and move-outs for damages with Community Manager and coordinate apartment turnover.
- Possesses knowledge of general mechanical/electrical principles and systems.
- Possesses ability to read and understand manufacture's instructions and operating manuals.
- Able to read simple blueprints and schematics.
- Demonstrates knowledge of safety regulations.
Education and/or Experience
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Associated topics: dig, floor, groundskeeper, jardinero, land fill, landscaping, paver, plant, pruner, surface