Dont just live life.love life!
Who wants to go to a boring job? At Lifespace, we get paid to create memories for our residents! If you are an compassionateNursewho has the heart for providing exceptional care and and you have the desire to create memorable experiences for our seniors, we want to talk to you!
We are not limited by our job title. We are one team united by our passion for service with a dash of fun. No matter the stage in your career, this is your opportunity to be empowered to create your own lasting impression.
Lifespace Communities would like to introduce the opportunity to become an Assistant Director of Nursing at Friendship Village of South Hills, a CCRC community located in Upper St. Clair, Pennsylvania. The ADON will work 3 p.m. - 11:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The Assistant Director of Nursing Services provides assistance to the director of nursing organizing, directing, and evaluating activities of the nursing department including standards for nursing practice and the management and development of nursing team members. This role is responsible for demonstrating a commitment to customer service through resident focused initiatives that support the mission of the community and Lifespace Communities.
A few other details about the role:
- Assist the director of nursing services with all functions of the nursing department and assumes responsibility when the director of nursing services is unavailable.
- As assigned, implement, direct, monitor, and report on new techniques, nursing objectives and standards of nursing care.
- Coordinate nursing services with other resident services to ensure the continuity of the residents total regime of care.
- Oversee and assist in assessment, coordination, planning, monitoring, implementation and evaluation in case management and administer direct resident care.
- Assist in developing policies; directly responsible for monitoring and enforcement of set policies.
- As assigned participate in assigned resident care programs which may include the Interdisciplinary team, Resident Care Planning Team, the Restorative Care Program and other programs as necessary to provide optimal care.
- Foster an environment which acknowledges and supports each resident and their rights to make choices regarding their surroundings and care.
- Meeting federal and regulatory requirements ensure appropriate staffing levels and forecast team needs with fluctuation of workload.
- Assist with employment-related activities to include team member safety, hiring, performance management, corrective action, team member engagement and recognition, and team member development and training.
- Implement, monitor, and report on assigned cost control.
- Participate and facilitate, as needed, resident, quality, regulatory and safety meetings specific to the department and community.
- Enforce proper infection control practices.
- Assist, as warranted, in budget preparation and forecasting.
- Comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations; maintains knowledge of and follows all company policies and procedures.
- Obtain knowledge and demonstrate the principles of Living Lifespace, person directed care and successful aging philosophies and their inherent core values of commitment, respect, compassion, dedication, team work and quality.
- Team member will support, actively participate and act in accordance with the principles of the Living Lifespace service culture and be familiar with and fluent in the language and service pillars of Living Lifespace.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work and meetings.
And heres what you need to apply:
- Nursing diploma or associates degree in nursing from an accredited nursing. Bachelor's or masters degree is preferred.
- Five to seven years of nursing experienced in a long care facility preferred.
- Three years leadership experience with demonstrated progressive responsibilities preferably in a long term care facility.
- Registered Nurse license, certifications and other licensure required by state regulations.
- Ability to read, write and speak English sufficient to perform job duties and to interact and communicate with residents, vendors and team members.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of the federal, state and local laws, regulations, and guidelines for residential and skilled nursing facility.
- Work efforts reflect a passion for exceeding resident expectations.
- Solicits resident/family feedback to understand the needs of the resident and the community. Advocates for service excellence within the center and influences others to take action.
- Displays responsibility by taking ownership of quality care. Shows dedication to enriching the lives of our residents through empathy and compassion.
- Exhibits a commitment to personal excellence through professional greetings, proper telephone etiquette, common courtesy, a professional attitude and appearance.
- Exhibits a commitment to results by looking for and recommending or implementing process improvements.
- Shows respect and courtesy for fellow teammates by working together to get the job well done.
- Effectively addresses resident concerns and strives to reduce or resolve conflict.
Lifespace has enjoyed over 40 years of success and this is just the beginning. With new opportunities, continued growth, and the support from your Lifespace family get ready to ignite your life and experience Living Lifespace.
Lifespace Communities, Inc headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa, is the nation's tenth largest senior living provider of non-profit retirement communities. The organization has annual revenue of over $250 million and employs over 2,800 team members. Lifespace Communities is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Through more than 40 years of existence, Lifespace has remained true to its founding ideal: to help create exceptional, financially sound communities where people could enjoy a more rewarding and secure retirement. The organization is committed to excellence and innovation in creating communities that celebrate the lives of seniors. Lifespace serves over 5,000 residents.
The Lifespace Communities are as follows:
Abbey Delray - Delray Beach, FL
Beacon Hill - Lombard, IL
Deerfield Retirement Community - Urbandale, IA
Friendship Village Of South Hills - Upper St. Clair, PA
Harbour's Edge - Delray Beach, FL
The Waterford - Juno Beach, FL Abbey Delray South - Delray Beach, FL
Claridge Court - Prairie Village, KS
Friendship Village Of Bloomington - Bloomington, MN
Grand Lodge At The Preserve - Lincoln, NE
Oak Trace - Downers Grove, IL
Village On The Green - Longwood, FL
Associated topics: admin, assistant director, critical, critical care, deputy, director of nursing, nmh, nurse manager, officer, rgn