WE GIVE DOWN-TO-EARTH A WHOLE NEW MEANING
We're Lehigh Hanson. Our products build cities and towns, including stadiums that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that support millions of vehicles. We have thousands of employees across hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North America's leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mixed concrete, asphalt and related construction materials.
We might be a big company, but we appreciate and encourage our people to share their ideas and help shape our future. We want every one of our people to play an active role in growing our business. With our diverse product lines and locations across North America, there are opportunities to explore different roles and work on a variety of exciting and interesting projects.
We're a tight knit team. While we strive to be the best, we do it with an attitude that is humble, accessible and down-to-earth. We don't ask you to \"fit in\" to our culture. We invite you to add to it.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO
Do you see yourself as an accurate and timely leader who puts safety first? Our Construction Group provides a dynamic work environment that provides challenging and rewarding career opportunities. Lehigh Hanson is seeking a qualified Construction Supervisor who is motivated to lead multiple construction crews for bituminous paving projects.
* Supervise the work of employees and subcontractors assigned to paving construction contracts. This includes, flag persons, laborers, drivers, pavers. Projects may range from small paving projects to high production bituminous paving projects.
* Supervise all aspects of project safety
* Ensure project meets deadlines, quality and other items as specified in the contract
* Manage training of employees
* Ensure appropriate staffing of assigned jobs
* Review planning for the assigned jobs/contracts on a daily basis recommending adjustments as needed
* Calculate material requirements for the project and daily requirements; communicate with the plant to ensure availability of materials
* Re-evaluate work based on unexpected changes such as weather
* Provide production, labor and equipment reporting daily
* Provide feedback to employees regarding performance
* Review contract issues to Construction Manager in a timely manner
* Interface and represent the company with the contract owners, engineers, and inspectors as needed
* Assist with equipment maintenance and overhaul in the off season
* Work with the Environmental and Safety Departments to ensure all laws and regulations are met. Establish, lead, and maintain safe working environments for all.
This position will reside in Lake Ariel, PA.
HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
* Minimum of 10 years commercial asphalt paving is required
* Prior experience supervising others required
* Must be NECEPT certified or able to obtain certification
* Familiarity with PA DOT specifications, traffic control, paving materials and equipment is required
* Demonstrated safety record
* Strong communication skills
* Ability to adapt to changing situations quickly
* Solid organizational skills for planning
* Detail orientation and proven ability to complete assigned tasks
* Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
BRING YOUR HUMBLE OVERACHIEVER ATTITUDE AND LET'S ELEVATE OUR COMPANY EVEN HIGHER!
At Lehigh Hanson, we care a great deal about your health which is why there is no waiting period to participate in highly competitive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance programs. In addition, we offer a 401(k) retirement savings plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions.
External candidates must be able to work in the USA without sponsorship.
Lehigh Hanson is a drug free workplace.
Associated topics: construction, construction manager, consultant, custom, director, manager, project manager, public works, scheduler, site