The Tax Supervisor reports directly to the Senior Tax Manager. The Tax Supervisor is expected to manage existing client relationships, ensure appropriate and efficient staffing for the existing client base and build new client relationships through networking, referrals and targeted marketing efforts. Assists Senior Tax Manager with budget and cost controls, analyzes and interprets financial data and recommends changes to improve systems and financial performance. Works with small business clients to improve underlying financial reporting practices and to prepare financial statements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SUPERVISION AND ADMINISTRATION
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Ability to work in a team oriented atmosphere
Attention to detail
Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to meet all deadlines
Demonstrates an understanding of general accounting practices
Ability to maintain confidentiality and conduct business professionally
1. Possesses Act 33 and 34 Clearances
2. Has a valid Pennsylvania motor vehicle license, access to a personal vehicle, and has maximum auto insurance on an employee driven vehicle
3. Proficient with Microsoft office, QuickBooks, and an industry known tax software
4. Ability to work independently
5. Full-time position with overtime as necessary during periods of peak workload, or as needed to fulfill client and company responsibilities.
Minimum of a Bachelor s Degree in Accounting. CPA or Enrolled Agent preferred. Must have at least 5-8 years relevant work experience. Must be current with regulations and compliance issues. Strong supervisory skills required.