Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
At Comcast, we are passionate about making the customer experience our best product. The TPX (Technology, Product, Xperience) organization acts as the engine for innovation, development and execution and touches nearly every part of the customer's experience with us from developing and delivering our Xfinity products and services, to enabling over 300 million daily customer interactions, to dispatching the field technicians to people's homes and places of business, to measuring customer loyalty and satisfaction. The TPX Communications team supports the senior executives and employees responsible for delivering all of this exciting work by providing business-critical and business-as-usual communications designed to educate, engage and inspire employees and other key stakeholders about the organization's key goals.
We are seeking a Manager of Communications, who will join the TPX Communications team and help support our communications efforts. This individual will be responsible for helping execute Employee Communications and Engagement activities related to the strategic and day-to-day business priorities of TPX, particularly those associated with the Network Operations, Network Access and Comcast Labs organizations. This person will report to the Senior Director, TPX Communications, and will work closely with the Vice President, TPX Communications, as well as the Directors on the team.
The Manager of Communications will be a key contributor in a fast-paced, complex and constantly changing environment. He/she will serve as an integral member of the team, executing with excellence and leveraging his/her communications expertise proactively and as needed.
* Helps execute employee communications and engagement plans designed to support key business objectives, long-term goals, and projects related to the Network Operations, Network Access and Comcast Labs organizations.
* Supports communications activities related to the Speakers Bureau (governing body for employees making presentations to external audiences) and Comcast Labs.
* Supports activities of Speakers Bureau (committee within TPX that evaluates TPX employees' external presentation opportunities).
* Supports TPX communications needs related to the company intranet.
* Produces various forms of communications, including online/digital, video, print, event logistics and others.
* Partners with HR and other key stakeholders to ensure alignment across the company and the timely and effective dissemination of messaging and materials to employees.
* Develops metrics to assess the effectiveness and impact of Employee Communications initiatives and tools. Recommends actions based on metric results.
* Manages consultants/contracted resources as needed, including creative agencies, event planning firms, graphic designers, etc.
* Keeps communications fresh, creative, and engaging; regularly develops and explores new ideas and strategies, such as social forums and platforms.
* Consistently exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent; business, communications, or journalism preferred.
* Generally requires 5-7 years related experience, preferably relevant internal operational and/or industry related communications experience.
* Ability to write quickly; distilling complex concepts into key messages is critical in a fast-paced environment.
* Demonstrated ability to develop effective partnerships across the organization at all levels.
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task, balancing competing priorities to produce high quality work.
* Superior oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
* Strong project management skills.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer