Arconic is seeking a Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis position to join our Finance Resource Group in Pittsburgh, PA.
Arconic (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing techniques, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensure customer success and shareholder value.
The primary purpose of the Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis is to:
- Derive business insights from financial and strategic analysis and synthesize into high impact, targeted recommendations and presentations for senior management review and decision making.
- Gain in-depth understanding of Arconic Group operations and business drivers to recommend improvements.
- Review monthly actual, forecast and plan performance; understand deviations from both forecast, plan and prior year to provide insights to senior management.
- Understand how changes in currencies and metal prices impact Arconic financials and model sensitivities for those impacts.
- Prepare quarterly financial reviews in support of the earnings release process as well as 10-Q and 10-K filings.
- Develop FP&A team and lead process improvement projects to achieve world-class performance.
- Conduct business and competitor analysis as well as external benchmarking.
- Analyze markets, products and customer profitability to recommend actions that improve business results.
- Critically evaluate capital requests for strategic alignment and growth potential.
- Collaborate with Executive, Group and BU management on ad hoc and ongoing analysis.
- Develop a network of contacts across Groups and Resource Units to facilitate efficient data gathering.
- Work with BU's, corporate leaders and consultants to identify and solve emerging strategic and operational issues.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Understanding of financial statements (income, balance sheet and cash flow statements)
- Well-rounded business person with critical thinking skills that shows resourcefulness in gathering data; self-directed problem solver
- Ability to flesh out detail and clarify understanding of assigned work
- Conducts high-quality, detailed, accurate and well-documented quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Experienced in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Hyperion reporting applications
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as presentation development skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and team orientation
- Desire to build a strong understanding of the business
- Takes initiative to make process improvements and standardize processes
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- 5 years of experience in finance, strategy, consulting, accounting, or business
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- Bachelor's degree in finance from an accredited institution
- 5 years of experience working with or analyzing financial statements
- Prior experience using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Hyperion reporting applications
Associated topics: bi, business, business finance, financial reporting analyst, investment banking, investment fund, market, monitor, refine, strategy